Your ownership of a personal condominium unit presents you with a very different insurance need.

E.J. Stochaj Insurance Agency knows it is important as a condominium owner to understand where the line is drawn in terms of your ownership and the association ownership. This information should be outlined in the condo association’s by-laws. For insurance purposes, your condominium insurance policy will only cover the parts of the unit owned by you as outlined in these by-laws.

We at E.J. Stochaj Insurance Agency understand the major difference between a condominium policy and Homeowner policy is the way in which Coverage A or Dwelling Coverage is assessed. This figure represents the part of the structure that you own and are responsible to insure, as specified in the condominium by-laws. In most cases, the condominium owner would own the unit from the studs in, so this coverage would include walls, ceilings, floors and all permanent structures attached (cabinets, countertops, shelving etc). Coverage B through E is similar to the Homeowner policy.

Contact E.J. Stochaj Insurance Agency today if you own a condominium. We’ll take the guesswork out of your condominium insurance needs.

Property Insurance